CAREER OPPORTUNITIES @ STC
Since 1971, STC has been a vital cultural entity in the community, presenting audiences with the chance to experience award-winning productions that are emotionally powerful, socially conscious, consummately entertaining, and often uniquely reflective of our great northern lifestyle. STC is the only English-language professional theatre between Sudbury and Thunder Bay.
STC IS CURRENTLY SEEKING A COMMUNICATIONS INTERN
Sudbury Theatre Centre has an opportunity for a post-secondary graduate to fill an internship position. This must be your first intern position since graduating. Ideally, the successful candidate is a graduate of communications, business marketing and/or development programs. An interest in the arts is an asset.
The intern will assist the Artistic Director in the creation and implementation of STC’s marketing and communications plan for the 2021.2022 50th Anniversary Season; to increase earned revenue, raise STC’s public profile and assist with the ongoing activities of the department.
START DATE: AUGUST 2021
Based on a 40-hour workweek at an hourly rate of $14.50/hr for a period of one year. Work will take place in person at Sudbury Theatre Centre.
The duties and responsibilities the intern will undertake during the placement are:
- Together with the Artistic Director develop the overall marketing campaign for the 2021.2022, 50th Anniversary Season;
- Provide support to the Artistic Director in the interpretation of the marketing campaign, including the creation and distribution of materials for print, radio, web and social media;
- Implement any marketing for special events and/or promotions;
- Maintain media contact lists;
- Distribution of promotional materials including posters, rack cards, etc.;
- Other duties as assigned.
Please submit your resume to John McHenry, Artistic Director, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Communications Intern in the subject line.
STC IS CURRENTLY SEEKING APPLICATIONS FROM SUDBURIANS WISHING TO BECOME MEMBERS OF ITS BOARD OF GOVERNORS
Appointments are for three-year terms with potential renewal for two additional years. The Board is responsible for the overall supervision of the STC. This role includes approving STC’s policies, budgets, projects, final recommendations and reports. STC will consider the following factors in selecting STC Governors:
- demonstrated interest in theatre, capacity to operate effectively as a member of a volunteer board, willingness to work and make adequate time for effective contributions;
- ability to influence financial support for the theatre;
- technical or professional skills, including those in theatre or the arts, and/or background and experience in the direction or management of similar institutions;
- preference that the Board be drawn principally from individuals residing and/or working in the geographical area served by STC;
- ensuring the Board reflects Ontario’s diversity, including indigenous and francophone representation;
- ensuring the Board includes a wide vocational range.
Please click the APPLY NOW button to submit a letter of intent and resume by email detailing why you believe you are an ideal candidate for this role and how you fulfil each of the requirements as detailed in the position description.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN WORKING WITH US AT STC. VISIT OFTEN FOR MORE OPPORTUNITIES.